Innovation and Change Management
Business and service organizations must be nimble to thrive in today's complex market places. Innovation is more than a buzzword - it's become a necessity. Organizations must constantly change from within to build viable processes and structures that sustain success. They must also adapt in response to their environments via product development and the creation of new services. This certificate provides a comprehensive overview of what it takes to thrive in an age of innovation and strategy.
Innovation and Change Management post-baccalaureate students will:
- Identify and analyze opportunities for change and innovation, in service, products, communication or organizational strategy
- Implement change plans and create metrics for measuring their success or failure
- Identify and explain the obstacles to change and devise strategies for addressing those obstacles
- Develop a conceptual framework for understanding organizations and the markets that they serve
Students are required to take 4 of the following courses:
- MKTG 390-CN Topics in Marketing: Brand Marketing
- MKTG 390-CN Topics in Marketing: Market Research
- ORG BEH 310 Organizational Change
- ORG BEH 367 Strategic Planning/Management
- ORG BEH 369 Entrepreneurship and Technology
- ORG BEH 370 Quality/Performance Excellence
- ORG BEH 371 Innovation Management and Creativity
The Innovation and Change Management certificate program explores a variety of topics - from product development to quality management practices and the application of technology. It combines courses in organizational change, business innovation, and change management. The program is ideal for managers or aspiring managers who wish to develop structured approaches to change on the organizational, departmental and individual levels.