The Prephysical Therapy concentration admits post-baccalaureate students into courses required for application to physical therapy graduate programs (MPT or DPT). This concentration offers 11 courses scheduled as lectures on weeknights and Saturday laboratories in the fall, winter and spring quarters. Students typically enroll in two courses per quarter and should expect to complete the program in a total of 6 to 9 quarters or 15 to 24 months. While this program meets minimal requirements for application to most physical therapy schools in Illinois, students are strongly advised to confirm the admission requirements of the schools in which they are interested before enrolling to ensure that the SCS program fulfills their needs. This program is designed for career changers who do not have an extensive background in science. Students who need only some of these courses may register as students-at-large, but will not be eligible for financial aid.
- BIOL SCI 170 Concepts of Biology
- BIOL SCI 313 Human Anatomy (with dry lab)
- BIOL SCI 316 Human Structure and Function (with dry lab)
- BIOL SCI 335-A Human Physiology I
- BIOL SCI 335-B Human Physiology II
- CHEM 101 General Chemistry (with lab, CHEM 121)
- CHEM 102 General Inorganic Chemistry (with lab, CHEM 122)
- CHEM 103 General Physical Chemistry (with lab, CHEM 123)
- STAT 202 Introduction to Statistics
- PHYSICS 130-A,-B,-C College Physics (with lab)
In addition to the program requirements, prephysical therapy students have the option to take any of the courses offered at SCS to fulfill program prerequisites. Elective courses are NOT eligible for financial aid, based upon federal financial aid requirements.
Transfer Credit Policy for Prephysical Therapy
Prephysical Therapy students have different admission requirements and application processes than other post-baccalaureate students. Visit the Acceptance Critera page for details on admission requirements for this program, and for SCS Office of Admissions contact information.