Advanced Placement* Training for High School AP* Teachers
Session One: July 14–17, 2014, Monday through Thursday, 8:15 a.m.–4:45 p.m., Chicago, Illinois (Spanish Language will be held in Evanston)
Session Two: July 21– 24, 2014, Monday through Thursday, 8:15 a.m.–4:45 p.m., Chicago, Illinois (Spanish Language will be held in Evanston)
Northwestern University is pleased to offer teachers a new Advanced Placement* Summer Institute that focuses on thirteen subject areas. This course-specific training is designed to support new and experienced AP* teachers in all aspects of AP* course content, organization, and methodology. Institute leaders are recognized members of the AP* teaching community who are dedicated to improving student achievement through effective support of AP* professionals.
Key elements of these AP* training sessions are:
- Structuring AP* courses
- Responding to student feedback
- Utilizing a variety of proven teaching methods
- Preparing students for the AP* test while keeping the subject matter engaging
- Developing AP* exam-taking strategies
- Reviewing released AP* exams
- Diagnosing scores: what constitutes a 3, 4, or 5?
- Potential graduate credit (extra work required for this credit)
* College Board, AP, Advanced Placement, and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
Session One: July 14–17, Chicago (Spanish held in Evanston)
Session Two: July 21–24, Chicago (Spanish held in Evanston)
|English Literature (Experienced AP* Teachers)||Cathy D'Agostino|
|US History (Repeat of Session 1)||Lynda Hakanen|
|Economics (Repeat of Session 1)||James Chasey|
|French Language||Theodore Haldeman|